Brisbane-based network-as-a-service provider Megaport has partnered with Dubai connectivity, cloud and managed services specialist Orixcom, to target enterprises and carriers in the Middle East – offering direct access to key managed service providers and cloud service providers.
“With cloud service providers making gnreater investments in the UAE and Middle East, it’s important enterprises have a scalable and easy way to get directly connected,” said Megaport CEO Vincent English. “Megaport provides a powerful platform that simplifies the management of cloud connectivity to enable multi-cloud and hybrid architectures. Our SDN provisions services at cloud-speed and reduces the complexity of connecting to cloud services. This empowers enterprises to deliver mission critical applications quickly, securely, and reliably.”
Megaport said its global Software Defined Network enabled Orixcom customers to directly access a raft of cloud service providers, including AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud, Google Cloud Platform, Oracle Cloud, Alibaba Cloud, and Salesforce.
“Customers can also right-size their connections to ensure they can scale services while optimizing costs,” said Megaport, adding that its Cloud Router (MCR) allows virtual routing capabilities to unlock greater traffic control, enabling use cases such as cloud-to-cloud and virtual points of presence.
Orixcom’s operational focus is in the Middle East region which, Megaport said, has traditionally been very challenging for businesses requiring high capacity and affordable international connectivity.
Key features include:
– Multi-cloud connectivity through one platform
– On-demand, pay-as-you-go connectivity provisioned in 59 seconds or less
– Global ecosystem of over 300 service providers including top global CSPs
– Connectivity to over 230 data centres globally to support hybrid cloud and IT backbone
– Near real-time connection management from anywhere, anytime via API or Web-based Portal
– Cloud-to-Cloud connectivity with Megaport Cloud Router
– Direct cloud connectivity supports consistent performance and improved security
– Major cloud providers expanding services in the Middle East throughout 2018 and 2019
– Multiple access choices including cross connect, Layer 2 Ethernet, MPLS, and SD-WAN