MEF has announced the titles of some twenty Proof of Concept showcase demonstrations that will be presented at the MEF18 global networking event on 29 October – 2 November 2020 in Los Angeles.
MEF said the PoCs will highlight how the MEF 3.0 framework is revolutionizing the industry’s ability to orchestrate assured communications services across a global ecosystem of automated networks.
“We are eager to unveil our 2018 PoC Showcase because we are seeing enormous strides from the community in progressing all aspects of MEF 3.0 service and technology development. In fact, we have doubled the amount of PoC participants compared to last year’s event,” said MEF CTO Pascal Menezes.
“This year’s PoCs fall into six broad categories and exemplify the many aspects of MEF 3.0 services and the transformation required to deliver them successfully: automated commercial interaction; service fulfillment and activation; service assurance; multi-layer services; SD-WAN; and Universal CPE,” he said.
The current list of 18 confirmed PoC demonstrations includes:
Automated Commercial Interaction
- PCCW Global, Sparkle, Tata Communications, SingTel, CBCcom, Liquid Telecom, Clear, and Cataworx: MEF 3.0 LSO Federated Inter-carrier Bandwidth-on-Demand Services Through Automated Discovery and Blockchain Settlement
- Colt Technology Services and Zeetta Networks: Blockchain-Based Carrier Marketplace for LSO Sonata
Service Fulfillment and Activation
- Tata Communications, Sparkle, Equinix, Liquid Telecom, ECI, Amartus, and Spirent: Fulfillment and Activation of an Intercontinental MEF 3.0 Service Spanning Four Operators
- Vodafone, Verizon, EXFO, Fortinet, and CENX: Blade Runner – Orchestrated Multi-domain Augmented Reality
- Eurofiber and Inmanta: End-to-end Service Orchestration of E-LAN over Multiple Domains via the LSO Interlude Interface and Across Multiple Vendors
- Vodafone, Ciena, and DGIT Systems: Pocket-sized Model-driven Networks
- Zayo and Ciena: Self-Service, Agile, Orchestrated CloudLink™
- AT&T, Equinix, and Ciena: Multi-Domain, Application-Defined Advanced Global Interconnection Orchestration
- AT&T, Amdocs, Fujitsu, and Iometrix: Transformation in Action – Harmonizing Delivery of Intent-based Networks and Services
- CenturyLink, NEC/Netcracker, Infinera, and Coriant: MEF 3.0 Implementation for Orchestrated Multi-layer Optical Transport
- Colt Technology Services and Accedian: Machine Learning for Service Assurance
CenturyLink and Infinera: Data Science Applications for LSO Architecture-based Service Fulfillment and Assurance
Spectrum Enterprise, TELUS, Nokia, and Sandvine: Application-aware, Multiservice Provider Self-optimizing Network Using MEF 3.0 LSO Framework
- Verizon: DevNet – Application Intelligent Software-Defined Network
- Fortinet and Tata Communications: Zero Touch Services with Secure SD-WAN
- Sparkle and Amartus: Towards a Multi-vendor Orchestrated SD-WAN: LSO-enabled Solution with Open Source Orchestrator and Container-based uCPEs
- BringCom, Versa Networks, Simbanet, and Isocel: Instantiation and Delivery of SD-WAN over a Virtualized and Orchestrated Wholesale Carrier Ethernet Access Service
- AT&T and RAD: Boosting uCPE with SDN/NFV/Legacy Capabilities, Including Network and VNF Service Chain Monitoring and Plugware for Universal Access and Brownfield Deployments
There will be a special Proof of Concept Awards ceremony in the MEF18 Networking Hall during the evening of Wednesday, 31 October, that will recognize Gold, Silver, and Bronze PoC Award winners as well as the winner of the 2018 MEF 3.0 Implementation Project Award. The judging panel is comprised of senior industry analysts.