Motorola Solutions has won a major contract with the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games to supply the 1.5 million spectators, volunteers, athletes and team officials, along with some 3,500 State Police, 2,000 Australian Defence Force and 4,200 private security staff with a key radio networking service.
“Although we are happy to help deliver a safe and successful Commonwealth Games by working behind the scenes, we are very pleased with the performance of our communications technology and people,” said Motorola Solutions ANZ VP Steve Crutchfield.
“Succeeding at a major event like this isn’t just about having the right technology – it requires considerable planning, management, design work, liaison with our customers and the backing of a great team to deliver a gold medal performance,” Crutchfield said.
“For us, the best measure of success will be having a smooth and safe Games where all the focus is on the athletes and not the supporting technology.”
Under the agreement, Motorola Solutions is delivering, among others:
- 56 Accredited Motorola Solutions staff to provide support during the Games
- Dedicated support staff located at competition venues with additional “roaming support” from Motorola teams
- Dedicated command, control and management staff located at Games Headquarters Technology Operations Centre, further supported by the Motorola Network Operations Control Centre (NOCC). The Centre is staffed 6am to midnight with additional 24×7 support from the NOCC.
- 6,000 mobile radios with more than 9,000 accessories such as earpieces and microphones distributed across all venues over 450 separate talk groups
- 800 additional radios with more than 2,000 accessories to support organisations connected to the Games, such as Festivals, Transport & Main Roads, and City of Gold Coast